- ABOUT US
Nathan Gunter, Editor-in-Chief, and Fred The Terrible . . . er, Terrier
Show Us Your Pets!
By Nathan Gunter
April 15, 2019
We have made no secret of our love of animals here at Oklahoma Today. The fact is, we are freaks about the four-legged, whether they are of the canine, feline, equine, or elephantine variety. Whether they come with fur, scales, or leathery hide; whether they crawl upon the earth, swim in the water, or take to the skies; whether they are so cute as to elicit an unscripted giggle from Karlie or so hideous-looking as to make them appealing; whether they poop in our shoes or squat in our hearts; we love them.
We love them so much that back in September 2017, we published our first-ever Animal Issue. And it was such a hit—and so much fun to work on—that we are planning a repeat this coming September. And one of the things we would like to do is spotlight some of the best pets in Oklahoma.
That’s where you come in. We’d love to photograph your wonderful pets and include them in our issue, so we’re running a contest to find Oklahoma’s greatest animal BFFs. Winners will receive a subscription to Oklahoma Today (plus another subscription to give as a gift!) and will have their pets professionally photographed to appear in our pages. Entering is easy, and the rules are below:
• Submit a photo of your pet (please don’t submit for someone else) plus a short (100 words or fewer) explanation of what makes your dog, cat, bird, horse, iguana, or whatever the most amazing pet in Oklahoma.
• Include contact info for yourself so we can follow up if your pet is chosen.
• Email all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message at facebook.com/oklahomatoday.
• Each pet chosen will have their story and a professional portrait published in Oklahoma Today’s September/October 2019 issue.
• The owner of each winning pet will receive a free one-year subscription for themselves and one to give as a gift.
• Pets must be living and available to be photographed in June 2019.
• Submissions must be received by May 31, 2019.